Why we do business is as important as how we do business.
We at PJB champion sustainability as part of our commitment to develop projects that adhere to various standards of excellence we’ve set in terms of legal, social, ethical and environmental obligations. We observe the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – adopted by the United Nations in 2015 as a global call to address 17 critical societal issues – through continuous monitoring, benchmarking, and reporting. We conduct businesses in a socially, economically, and environmentally responsible manner that benefits the communities and ensures fundamental value for our stakeholders – clients and their customers, employees, investors and suppliers.
We stay vigilant on our project activities, and never leave an opportunity to bring in innovation or add value to our clients’ endeavours in line with our sustainability goals. We achieve this by:
- Respecting diversity and equality at all levels of the organisation and building an inclusive, gender-balanced organisation within the industry
- Developing recycling and waste reduction policies for offices and projects
- Looking after the good health and well-being of all people on our projects with standardised site health, safety and environmental protocols and programmes
- Conserving water through optimised design solutions
- Helping our clients meet energy conservation and carbon reduction goals on their projects and industrial facilities through innovative design, construction, and maintenance
- Doing business with diverse and local suppliers, fostering improvement and access to markets
- Enriching the communities in which we operate through training, education, and social programmes