Construction of Sir. M Visvesvaraya Railway Terminal Baiyyappanahalli:
Construction of CC Aprons, Extension of Subway Central drain, Gardening/land scapping, PF Shelter of PF 2 & 3,4 and other
Sir M Visvesvaraya is India’s first centralised AC Terminal, a benchmark for future Railway terminals. It will meet the future connectivity needs of Bengaluru & promote the city as the epicentre of socio-economic development.
Outcomes and achievements:
1. Construction of World class Railway Station & Decongestation of
KSR and Yeshwanthpur Railway Station.
2. The station has seven platforms, three pit lines, and eight stabling lines to operate 50 trains a day. There are six ticket counters, one dedicated to persons with disabilities.
3. The station has spacious parking that can also accommodate 50 autorickshaws and 20 cabs and a specialised zone for buses.
4. The terminal has a VIP lounge, a waiting hall, and a digital real-time passenger information system. It also boasts a food court and has lifts, ramps, and stairways that connect to the subway, and a foot over bridge.
5. Many posters with QR codes have been put up across the station to access sign language videos explaining its infrastructure. It also has multiple charging points at every level.