Construction of Ash Pond stage II and other appurtment work in 1x700MW(Unit III)including PCC,RCC,Earthwork embankment along with stilling pond,RE Wall for the road fabrication and Erection etc., at Bellary Thermal Power Station KPCL near Kudatini in Bellari District, Karnataka state.
As a part of the capacity enhancement of existing Bellary Thermal Power Station (A subsidiary of KPCL), Construction of Ash Pond stage-2 was executed which involved extensive earth work, earth retaining structure and 7km long road all around the pond.
Outcomes and achievements:
1. Capacity enhancement of Existing Power plant.
2. This pond helps to prevent the release of ash into the atmosphere.
3. The Storage capacity of stilling pond is 7.20 Lakh Cum
4. The Storage capacity of Ash pond is 105.50 Lakh Cum.
5. Life of the pond is 25 Years.