Construction of new bridges (Viaduct) between Ettumanur and Kottayam stations as a part of Doubling of track between Kuruppantara and Chingavanam.
Viaduct project consists of 36 spans and overall length including approaches is around 1008 metres.
Outcomes and achievements:
1. Out of 36 Spans: –
• 31 spans are of PSC U-Girder of 27.51m length,
• 2 spans are of PSC U-Girder 19.76m length,
• 1 span are of PSC U-Girder 17.16m length,
• 1 span are of PSC Slab-Girder 10.28m length,
• 1 span are of PSC Slab-Girder 7.45m length.
2. PSC U-Girder was casted over temporary support and launched over the span and positioned at specific location on Pier / Abutments to the correct alignment and levels.
3. Fabricated and erected 8 numbers of N-Truss for casting of PSC-U Girder.